HP envy printer and Mac
HP printer supports:
- Mac OS X
- v10.9 mavericks
- v10.8 mountain Lion
- v10.7 lion
- v10.6 snow leopard
Follow the steps given below to connect the HP printer to your Mac.
Connect HP Printer to network
- Go to setup
- Choose between Network and Wireless
- Tap on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your wireless network name(SSID)
- Key in the Password (WEP/WPA).
- A confirmation page validates registration.
- No printer driver installation is required for Mac as it gets installed automatically while updating apple software.
- Use USB to link up printer and Mac and connect them to internet.
- Go to Apple menu
- Select ‘Software update’ or select ‘About this mac’ and choose ‘software update’.
- Tap on install
Select your printer on your Mac
- Go to Apple Menu and tap on system preferences.
- From hardware section select ‘Print and fax’
For listed printer
- Click on (+) sign and select ‘Add printer or scanner’
- When your printer name gets displayed, select it and continue.
For unlisted printer
- Click on (+) sign and select ‘Add Printer or scanner’.
- When your printer name becomes visible, select it and continue.
- Go to ‘Print Using’ box and select your printer name.
- Download and install the Printer Software from Apple.
- Now the printer is geared up to print/scan/fax